Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Menu Plan for the Week of October 29-November 4, 2012

Someone requested that I provide some menu plan ideas on my blog. So here goes!

Monday: Chuck Wagon Casserole and corn (from my home church cookbook)
Tuesday: Tuna Casserole with peas (The Happy Housewife)
Wednesday: Fish (not sure how I'll cook this yet) and Baked Potatoes with Broccoli
Thursday: Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas (a new recipe also from the home church cookbook) and Spanish Rice (Betty Crocker Cookbook)
Friday: Homemade Pizza and Salad
Saturday: Leftovers!
Sunday: Pork Loin Roast in the crockpot, Carrots and Potatoes

This is only our dinners. I have yet to consistently meal plan breakfasts and lunches. I struggle with getting breakfast done ahead of time, since our mornings are pretty rushed. Maybe I should get up 30 minutes earlier, or be more intentional the night before.

Ideas I have for breakfasts this week are pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, homemade granola, Oatmeal, and waffles. That sounds so much better and filling than cereal, but unfortunately, when I don't plan well, cereal is often our most common fare.

Lunches are typically little bits of leftovers and sandwiches, yogurt, cottage cheese and fruit. Nothing fancy.

Recently, I moved my shopping day to Sunday afternoon. I put together the meals I want to fix on Saturday evening or after Sunday lunch, then make up my grocery list based on what I already have, and what is on sale at the grocery store. This has greatly decreased my dilemma of what to fix at the last minute. It has also significantly reduced my grocery bill over the years, as I purchase fewer impulse items and only buy just what I need to cook with that week!

What kind of meals are you planning this week? I am always looking for new ideas!

No comments: