Monday, January 2, 2012

New Beginnings

Funny how God gives us multiple confirmations of some certain truth He wants us to know. This week, I was meditating on how I might make a better impact on others this year. It's like this: I have a lot of things I want to do to become a better person, but ultimately, the biggest concern on God's heart, is man's soul condition. God laid it on my heart to share Christ with someone once a week. I know it was not my idea. The thought of sharing Christ terrifies me. But I'm committed to trying to fulfill this directive.

In the church message this morning, the pastor at my mother in law's church spoke of promises and keeping them (in respect to New Year's resolutions). Additionally, she spoke about her attempt to share Christ with people in line at the grocery store. Um. Yeah. Confirmation of earlier commitment.

Today, my aunt began a blog where she spoke of her desire to be more outspoken about her faith. Second confirmation.

I get the point. My mission is clear.

Other resolutions? Exercise patience with my family. Show more love and grace to my family. Be more intentional with organization and housekeeping, and tracking finances. Read the bible in a year (rather than three years, the first time I tried this).

I like to write and always have "something" to say. I've called my Facebook status "bloglite" but I would like to branch out. My blog has existed dormant for a long time. Time to pick it back up.

Favored topics include cooking exploits, children issues and spiritual leanings.

What are your resolutions if you keep any?

No comments: